Fire Rating Solutions can take care of all your annual passive fire inspection obligations
Our highly skilled team conducts fire safety audits and inspections diligently and efficiently. We provide you with a comprehensive report including photos, rectification recommendations and quotes to ensure your building compliance is properly maintained.
The NCC/BCA and AS1851 requires all ESM items noted on the Occupancy Permit to be serviced and maintained to the nominated frequency of the building.
The Victorian Building Act along with the Building Regulations came into operation in 1994. This effects all buildings built on or after 1 July 1994.
Building owners are required to ensure the service and maintenance is completed in accordance with the Australian Standard (AS1851) and records kept onsite.
Owners of buildings built prior to 1 July 1994 still have a responsibility to ensure the safe operation and maintenance of the fire safety services installed.
The objective of annual fire safety inspections is to ensure that services continue to perform at the same level of operation that existed at the time of commissioning, noting any defects and ensuring they are rectified as required.
FRS Passive Fire Inspection Services check the following essential safety measure items: AS1851-2005 & AS1851-2012
- Fire indices of materials
- Fire isolated lift shafts
- Fire isolated passages
- Fire isolated stairs
- Fire protective coverings
- Fire rated access panels
- Fire rated control joints
- Fire rated materials applied to building elements
- Fire resisting shafts
- Penetrations in fire-rated structures
FRS Passive Fire Inspection Reports provide the following:
- details on the non-compliant items in relation to non-compliant fire rated materials used, unsealed penetrations through fire rated elements, and areas of concern for fire separation.
- complete comprehensive list of the non-compliant items identified including locations, descriptions, mark-up plan locations, recommended repairs and photos.
- quote to rectify the non-compliant items, within the FRS scope of works.
We will also log our attendance in your onsite ESM logbooks, if available.
The maintenance of essential safety measures applies to Class 1b, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, buildings as defined in the BCA. These include multi-storey residential buildings, hotels/motels, offices, shops, warehouses, factories and hospitals/public buildings.
If you have any further enquiries or need more information please do not hesitate to contact our Essential Services Manager – 03 9419 1393
Fire Rating Solution © 2019, All Rights Reserved, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia